Buying a new home is a big event and can be a bit overwhelming. Who will be on your side in the negotiations? Who will help you figure out the legal jargon? Who will put your wants and needs first? Who is going to protect you from the chaos? The answer to this question is a buyer’s agent. As a buyer’s agency, Bishop County can help you throughout the buying process, giving you peace of mind.
Why Having a Buyer's Agent Relationship Makes Perfect Sense
What Is a Buyer’s Agent?
Many buyers assume that a buyer agency will simply help them find a home. It’s true that your buyer’s advocate can find homes for you, including those that are not listed online. However, this is only a partial answer to the question, “What is a buyer’s agent?” We do so much more!
Let’s look at what a buyer’s agency like Bishop Country can do for you.
Once you find a home and decide to put in an offer, the experience of a buyer’s advocate becomes invaluable. We can help you determine the best price and the right terms. Our expertise will also help you craft an offer that asks for what you would like, such as contingencies, appliances, furnishings, help with closing costs, etc.
Know Those You'll Need to Work With
We will be able to put you in touch with the other real estate professionals you will need including mortgage lenders, home inspectors, appraisers, and closing professionals.
Paperwork is extensive during the home buying process and must be just right, or the entire sale can fall through. A good buyer’s agent will be able to help you negotiate the paperwork from the offer through the closing.
How To Find a Buyer’s Agent
Now that you understand why you need an agent, it is time to figure out how to find the right buyer’s agent. Your buyer’s advocate should:
- Solve Problems –Be a creative problem solver that looks for ways to meet your needs.
- Be Honest – Have a good reputation.
- Have Work Ethic –Work hard to find your home and close the deal.
- Be Attentive to Detail – Be organized and pay attention to your needs as well as the details for closing.
- Understand the Local Market – This will ensure that your buyer’s agent can help you put in an acceptable offer and find a home at a great price.
- Be Connected to the Community – Have many contacts due to community involvement.
- Have Knowledge – Stay up-to-date on latest industry trends. Be sure to ask about their continued education and professional development.